If you wish, you can download a registration form and bring it to the school of your choice to register your child for school at YK1. 

JK-12 Registration 2019-2020

YK1 Schools Overview

Homeschooling Registration Forms

If you wish to homeschool your child(ren) please ensure you fill out the registration form below and submit it to the YK1 District Office.  If you have any questions not answered in the documents below, please feel free to contact the District Office at (867) 766-5050.

Home Schooling Registration Form 2019-2020

Home Schooling Instructions For Applying

Home Schooling List Of Acceptable Expenditures

Home Schooling Directive

Home Schooling FAQs

Home Schooling Procedure A270

Home Schooling Regulations

School Supplies Reimbursement for Treaty Rights Students

Yellowknife Education District No. 1 respects the Treaty Rights of Aboriginal students.  In accordance with section 4.1 of the Education Act, Aboriginal students with Treaty Rights are exempt from paying school fees, provided that proof of Treaty Rights status is demonstrated.   To demonstrate this status, the "Certificate of Indian Status" card, issued by the Department of Indian and Northern Affairs Canada ("INAC" or "DIAND"), will be used.

To receive reimbursement for school supplies, please download the form below. Bring it, along with a copy (front and back) of your "Certificate of Indian Status" card to the school you are registered in where an office staff member will sign the form confirming your registration.  Once fully completed, please bring the form to the YK1 District Office (5402-50th Avenue) for immediate reimbursement.  This reimbursement form must be completed annually.

School Supplies Reimbursement Form