Career & education advisors for Grade 12 students
In Grade 12 and unsure about your future? Don't worry, we'll help you figure it out! There are so many career and educational paths available. This is where career and education advisors (CEAs) come in. They will meet with you one-on-one to help you figure out who you are, what you are interested in, and how your strengths match with learning and work possibilities. Advising sessions are centered around every student's unique goals, needs, and personalities.
- CEA positions are available in every region of the territory and can meet with students from Grades 9-12
- Referrals can come from students, parents, or school staff
- The program has been using the Health Haven for weekly visits to École Sir John Franklin High School
- One-on-one student meetings can include:
- Post-secondary program information, applications, and planning
- Assistance with Student Financial Assistance (SFA), scholarships, and funding applications
- Resume writing and job search support
- Conversations about ‘Direct to Work’
- Apprenticeship, trades, and occupation certification programs
- Exploring student interests, opportunities, experiences, and more!
- CEAs are also available for class presentations and activities
If you are seeking advice or support for your next steps, talk to your academic counsellor and ask them to connect you with a CEA, or email email@example.com. One-one-one sessions will be available throughout the summer at the SFA office in the Lahm Ridge Tower.